Friday, June 1, 2007

44. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

This book is just so sweet. Published in 1868, Little Women tells the story of the four March sisters, growing up during the American Civil War. All four girls are very different and are all flawed, but the sense of family within the book is darling. :)

I read the whole series when I was a teenager and spent years yearning to have sisters. Didn't everyone just want to be Jo and grab Laurie and haul him off to give him lots of kisses in the woods somewhere? Sigh. I love Laurie still. And yeah, who didn't cry when Beth died? :) I'm going to make the Louisa May Alcott Pilgrimage to Concord one day.

1 comment:

Netherland said...

I haven't read Louisa May Alcott's Little Women but I recently listened to the audiobook recording which was read by Jamie Lee Curtis and I thought it was a very good story and I liked the characters, especially Jo, Marmee and Laurie. Jamie Lee Curtis gave a wonderful reading performance and I would have liked it if this had been an unabridged audiobook intstead of just abridged but unfortunately she only recorded an abridged version but anyway I highly recommend this audiobook and I will have to look for the paperback book too!