Friday, June 1, 2007

61. The Blind Assasin by Margaret Atwood

This novel is so complicated. I need to read it again to give a better review. I found it hard work though, which was odd cause I generally love Atwood's stuff. Will come back and give a better review when I've read it again.

Oh, I liked this way better the second time. I read it first when I was living in the US, and for some reason I remember reading it in a rush so I don't think I was paying attention quite enough! I really enjoyed the two narrators in this - the secret second narrator had me guessing the whole time, trying to work out who she was. Very very clever, but hard to summarise. Basically the tale of two sisters, a marriage and a whole lot of scandal. :) Very well written as Atwood always is - you could really feel the age, attitude and situation of the narrators throughout.

No comments: