Friday, June 1, 2007

98. The Redemption of Althalus by David Eddings

Really liked this! Something I would never read in a million years without this list. It's been a very good project for that :)

Athalus is a theif, who is conscripted by a mysterious man, to steal a book. Little does he know that this is his destiny, that the book is holy and the man is an agent for the destroyer. What follows is an epic tale of the battle to save the earth and its inhabitants that spans time and space.

Lots of great characters, a lovely wry sense of humour, an interesting take on religion and reasonable pace. I didn't think I would like this much but powered through it in little time once I was hooked. Got a BAD sunburn too on one day, because I was "just going to read one more page" before coming inside and got engrossed. Highly recommended as an interesting read!

No comments: