Friday, June 1, 2007

10. Magician by Raymond E. Feist

I should preface this my saying that I am not a real fantasy fan. Dwarves, elves, magicians, eh... However, I really rather enjoyed this. I think the biggest difference was that the characters were quite well developed generally. The storyline had a lot of depth and enough twists to keep me interested and the war scenes themselves were fast paced and didn't extend over too many pages. I was a bit cynical that everyone seemed to survive quite so well through the nine years of war, but otherwise, I would have to say that this is quite an enjoyable novel, for the reader who perhaps doesn't really swing this way normally :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the Magician and the whoel Riftwar Saga have read the 3 books that were initially the Riftwar Saga 3 times at this stage, its great to watch Pug find his way. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did and delighted that Pug and Thomas's friendship continued whe whole way through and has done so right the way through all the other books about the Riftwar